Website design can have a major impact on driving traffic to your site and on achieving your conversion goals. Here is a list of some key points that can help you achieve website usability and conversions.
Redesigning a website is a key step that involves a number of people from your organization that can include your technical website team, SEO team, digital marketers, copywriters, sales teams, content marketers, social media managers, and others. Their input is key in the overall design of the website, its structure, and overall navigation design.
Before you get started, ensure you have done the following:
- Appropriate market research related to your site, your audiences, and the general business ecosystem.
- Relevant keyword research to get an idea on the influence search engine traffic can have on your site.
- Document your audience profiles.
- If available, get historical data from various analytics tools.
- A listing of the various types of your site conversion goals.
- A listing of conversions goals for the specific pages of your website.
Site Design Tips
- Keep the layout simple that allows showcasing of your primary message clearly and in clear sight
- Allows highlighting of key information related to your business prominently
- Ensure that your website targets your audience or audiences. It’s not uncommon for many sites to target multiple audiences.
- Test with multiple types of content including images, video, infographics, virtual reality, and so on.
- Enable posting of content that can drive your audience to share content on social media.
- Ensure that your content is fresh and relevant to your site and audience.
- On relevant pages, allow user generated content that can add value to your site
- Depending on your site, provide access to a multitude of content and resources to your visitors. This can include guides, FAQs, and other related information.
- Provide links to partners and others who may help in boosting your brand image of your business and website.
- Technical SEO considerations such as page load times,
- Other SEO considerations such as title, meta tags, etc
- Links and link profiles